Song Selection

Friday, March 5, 2010

One Day At a Time

In order to distract myself and eventually be successful in my self-TAK NAK campaign, I thought one good way I could do is to blog and maybe writing about this might help me believe in myself and stay true to my promise.

I've always been worried of situations when I'm alone and I feel I need that one stick just for that time and then quit again. That feeling is very much present when you are a smoker itself. There's an excuse for every stick at first and then it's just a freaking habit. "I'm so stressed up, I need a stick", "I'm so sad, this calls for a stick". Eventually it'll be... "I have nothing better to do, I'll have a stick". "hahahahaah *and lights a stick*" It becomes a habit...

Temptation is so great at times... When you're at the mamak, when your stomach is full, when you club (Oh God, I've not come to that). You have no choice but to face it because you just have to. How else? It's so easy to snap and get irritated that I have to remind myself why I'm feeling that way.

I woke up at 4am with a hungry stomach. It was making too much noise, I had to wake up and eat, it's probably part and parcel of it. To distract myself and for my own good, I went to bed early (and tossed and turned). It was so out of character, my dad sent my sis to check if I was breathing... hahaha... I heard sis said "Yeah, she's breathing".

Right now, I crave for that stick cos everyday it's been that cup of coffee and that stick that starts my day but I have to push that thought aside. I trust I shall be able to that tomorrow morning too... One day at a time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you go cold turkey or what ?How's it going so far ? make sure you keep updating your progress report on facebook, im looking forward to see that booty :p

p/s: no cheating say TAK NAK !

Val's Thingamajig said...

Cold turkey... The booty's on it's way... The hunger that comes with it, so frequent and I especially crave sweet stuff...

No Cheating on TAK NAK