Song Selection

Monday, March 22, 2010

My Johnny Beats

Someone posted on Facebook: "Listen to what your heart tells you , AND THEN STAB IT WITH A KNIFE!!"

(Note: Don't try this at home)

Another good friend blogged:

"Don’t trust your heart, it’s a very sexy looking bitch, ‘he’ will mislead you".

(The 2 quotes above were copied and pasted directly from source)


They are both men... a small added fact. Anyway, my point is, I can't agree more except don't literally stab your heart and that my heart looks like Johnny Depp and not a sexy bitch. The brains and the heart can at times be great enemies. I'm sure everyone's gotten into a mess for following their heart more than their brains.
Yeah, I remember confronting a friend about some dilemma I had and she went like, "Val, listen to your heart"... Erm, yeah... She gave the wrong advice and I walked into a pile of mess. So, the classic advice is not always a good advice, note it seriously (like a heart attack). It's a horrible feeling isn't it? To not have the heart and brains be in good terms.

Maybe it's just instinct telling us the truth but sometimes you have to still listen to what your heart tells you. No, you have to listen to both, actually... at all times. You can't follow one of it all the time, not in the real world. At times you can afford to make mistakes and sometimes the consequences is too much and perhaps not worth it. So the next time anyone comes up to me and pours away their feelings about some complicated issue, I'll just have to be the wet blanket that doesn't tell them "Listen to you heart".

As Simon Cowell would say, "Boo me if you want to". In the end, it's your heart that breaks not your brains. So exercise your brains like it's the most important muscle

This is how my heart looks like... Freakin' gorgeous!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow ! I'm so super honoured :)

Val's Thingamajig said...

I wanted to put your pic, you know, that pic instead of Johnny Depp but I thought I'll just let your pic be where it is now... Framed at the side of my coffee mug ;P

I guess ppl around do inspire you at times. Good piece of advice!

Sures said...

I have a pic of you too, but I'm not tellin you where i put it :)

Val's Thingamajig said...

Come on... Tell me lah, which pic?