“I think MJ will be turning in his grave”, I said to my friend. It was our second attempt of watching This Is It and we were both late when we finally met outside the cinema. Don’t get me started on what happened to the first attempt. Basically, we didn’t manage to catch it despite having tickets.
I have been an MJ fan since I laid eyes on him. When he passed away, mum woke me up from sleep to tell me. I was glued to the TV when I realised I was gonna be late for work. I drove back home for lunch to catch more on the news of his death and also reading the news online. We watched him being sent away as a family and there were parts where we all went silent not looking at each other. I know when that happens, it only means that we’re trying to keep our composure. When the bishop uttered the final prayers, we held hands and prayed together.
Despite the accusations pointed at him, I always felt that the biggest mistake he made was to put himself in a vulnerable position where people were able to easily accuse him for their own personal gain. We will never know what took place except for him and the so called victims and if it was all true. What made me sad was feeling that he died a sad man. He may be happy but I would guess he was sad most of the time. The world mourned like they’ve never mourned before…
Watching Michael Jackson’s This Is It, I understood what made him this successful surpassing the test of time. He was such a detailed person, he knew what he wanted, he had a whole vision of how it was supposed to turn out. A true perfectionist, I must say. A trait that definitely made him go this far. He knew how to speak to people when he had to correct them, he was very polite. Inspiring! Along the way, you will see that he was also child like. At times, viewers just went silent when they saw him struggle at some parts and I kept noticing how thin his legs were. He looked bad but that doesn’t mean he was not a star. He was a star in his own right… No one could take it from him, he owned it.
MJ would definitely hate the idea that we’re watching a raw part of the production of This Is It but it was spectacular getting to know the star rather than see him only in the spotlight where everything was perfect. The imperfectly beautiful at times can be more beautiful, I now believe. The world will always remember him for being the most talented person in the entertainment history and the future generation will know him because we will speak about him and still listen to his music.
May his soul rest in peace and may he find the happiness he deserves…
I have been an MJ fan since I laid eyes on him. When he passed away, mum woke me up from sleep to tell me. I was glued to the TV when I realised I was gonna be late for work. I drove back home for lunch to catch more on the news of his death and also reading the news online. We watched him being sent away as a family and there were parts where we all went silent not looking at each other. I know when that happens, it only means that we’re trying to keep our composure. When the bishop uttered the final prayers, we held hands and prayed together.
Despite the accusations pointed at him, I always felt that the biggest mistake he made was to put himself in a vulnerable position where people were able to easily accuse him for their own personal gain. We will never know what took place except for him and the so called victims and if it was all true. What made me sad was feeling that he died a sad man. He may be happy but I would guess he was sad most of the time. The world mourned like they’ve never mourned before…
Watching Michael Jackson’s This Is It, I understood what made him this successful surpassing the test of time. He was such a detailed person, he knew what he wanted, he had a whole vision of how it was supposed to turn out. A true perfectionist, I must say. A trait that definitely made him go this far. He knew how to speak to people when he had to correct them, he was very polite. Inspiring! Along the way, you will see that he was also child like. At times, viewers just went silent when they saw him struggle at some parts and I kept noticing how thin his legs were. He looked bad but that doesn’t mean he was not a star. He was a star in his own right… No one could take it from him, he owned it.
MJ would definitely hate the idea that we’re watching a raw part of the production of This Is It but it was spectacular getting to know the star rather than see him only in the spotlight where everything was perfect. The imperfectly beautiful at times can be more beautiful, I now believe. The world will always remember him for being the most talented person in the entertainment history and the future generation will know him because we will speak about him and still listen to his music.
May his soul rest in peace and may he find the happiness he deserves…

1 comment:
A sad story yet a beautiful on MJ. I am yet to watch the movie, well.. might just get the DVD.
Was thinking abt what my dad said when MJ died. He said how come we never mourned for the Pope like how we mourned for MJ? It got me thinking till today and I guess when i mourned for MJ I felt sad for him bcos of the life he led.. though he may have only been a celebrity compared to the Pope who was the leader of the nation.. I believe Michael needed more prayers maybe just cos of the the life he had which the media portrayed. So yeah, it's a good blog you got there.. May he Rest in Peace.
Post a Comment