Song Selection

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Had I Known, How To Save a Life

I recently yearned for a hug. A nice warm sincere hug that would speak for itself and I got it... I got it in the form of words. I never realised that a hug could be given with words. It made me feel so much better.
I am learning and when I fall, I feel like crap. I am my worst enemy and sometimes I need a hand that I can grip tight to pull me up. I've learned that the unspoken can be toxic and it would eventually build up and weaken you. It's dangerous when you are unaware of what it's doing to you.
And now, I am suddenly reminded of the song 'How to Save a Life' by the Fray. It was inspired with a story of a young man telling the writer of his problems. Not knowing how to help this young man, the writer wished he had a manual to help this young man.
I guess I would start with a hug... Having said what I've said, I am still happy and I feel blessed.

No comments: