There are certain things when said it cuts deep and it scars, it cannot be taken back. Only the person closest to you is able to hurt you that much. Even if the person apologizes and we give him the benefit of the doubt that he does mean it whole heartedly, the damage is done. However, what consoles is knowing that you can never go through life without hurting or getting hurt. Simple as that. We get bitten and clawed badly but we have also done the same to others. I admit, I have...
When I was younger and in my rebellious state of mind, it was easy to lash out and not think before I said things. I don't do it all the time but when tested, I did not hesitate to speak my mind be it to family or friends. I've mellowed down since to learn and be more accepting of others opinion whether it's nice to hear or not and I've learned to speak my mind in a better approach. I'm not always successful to the change but I'm better than before and hope to be better.
I've learned that by being more passive towards angry confrontations, it did hurt more to listen to it but at the end of the day, I don't feel like I'm at the losing end. For some reason, the other person would come back and apologize or do something that you know they're sorry. For the people who especially find it hard to say sorry, I've been surprised with apologies by them and in recent days, I had a particular experience.
I felt bad because I wondered why did the person had to lash out at me in such a way over minor matters. I had mixed feelings over the incident for days and it was resolved over a heart felt apology. Though still hurt, I accepted the apology then and there and I did feel better myself. But it would take time to let go because whatever occurred is still fresh but slowly fading and I can't force myself to pretend that everything is OK although I know it will be OK again.
What's reiterated recently too is that life is to short to hold grudges and be angry. We should not take it for granted that there is always tomorrow to mend things but we should mend things yesterday. Not forgetting to live life to the fullest but with limits and boundaries.
Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, love like you've never been hurt and live like heaven is on earth.
When I was younger and in my rebellious state of mind, it was easy to lash out and not think before I said things. I don't do it all the time but when tested, I did not hesitate to speak my mind be it to family or friends. I've mellowed down since to learn and be more accepting of others opinion whether it's nice to hear or not and I've learned to speak my mind in a better approach. I'm not always successful to the change but I'm better than before and hope to be better.
I've learned that by being more passive towards angry confrontations, it did hurt more to listen to it but at the end of the day, I don't feel like I'm at the losing end. For some reason, the other person would come back and apologize or do something that you know they're sorry. For the people who especially find it hard to say sorry, I've been surprised with apologies by them and in recent days, I had a particular experience.
I felt bad because I wondered why did the person had to lash out at me in such a way over minor matters. I had mixed feelings over the incident for days and it was resolved over a heart felt apology. Though still hurt, I accepted the apology then and there and I did feel better myself. But it would take time to let go because whatever occurred is still fresh but slowly fading and I can't force myself to pretend that everything is OK although I know it will be OK again.
What's reiterated recently too is that life is to short to hold grudges and be angry. We should not take it for granted that there is always tomorrow to mend things but we should mend things yesterday. Not forgetting to live life to the fullest but with limits and boundaries.
Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, love like you've never been hurt and live like heaven is on earth.

No comments:
Post a Comment