Watching Valentine's Day on Valentine's Day got me feeling connected to a lil bit each of the characters. My favourite part was when it said "When you love someone, you gotta love the good and the bad about them". It totally hit a spot to a bull's eye. It was in the past that I was stupid enough to allow someone to take control of me as a person to a point that I didn't even know myself. I didn't know who I was supposed to be. I forgot how to feel many things... Does it make sense?
I blamed myself a lot, everything seemed to be my fault even though I couldn't rationalize it. It was at one point that my closest friends told me that for the longest time they did not recognize me anymore. At that very point, I wished they told me earlier, it would have saved me so much of the confusion I had. I remember telling them "Why didn't you tell me earlier, I wished you guys did". In fact, I was a little angry at them to be honest but would have I listened before? I doubt!
I learned that no one can make you feel low unless you allow it, no one is perfect even if you try to be a better person, it's just not human. I learned that if you feel something's not right with your friend, it might help a lot if you bring it up with them. It's OK to hurt them sometimes.
So what happened to that chapter? It ended after a long time and I got the apology I feel I deserved much to my amazement cos like I said, a friend should tell you when you're going off course and when you're right and wrong.

No comments:
Post a Comment