Song Selection

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Duplicated

Some people do turn into their partners and I think most of the time it’s not a good thing or maybe I observe and pick up those traits that’s ‘outstanding’ to me. Is it just because love is too blind that they invite these ‘additional’ traits unknowingly? I look back at my past relationships and I ponder… Have I unknowingly fallen into this? I’m thinking hard and as much as I want to say no, the answer is “I don’t know and I hope not”. Somebody will need to point it out.

Some people do lose their self into each other that they lose themselves. Some things that they used to stand for, now, has become a common “I use to collect stamps”. The ‘other half’ has influenced their mind so much without them realizing.

Can we be our own individuals even when we have a committed partner? I think the trick is to actually tell who you are through actions. Ok, not to purposely prove your point but it’s one of the ways. You also need both feet on the ground and a friend who will stretch and pull your feet down when you’re floating up and away to Cloud 9. A friend who knows you enough and can be honest with you. Of course, you would need to listen and talk less.

I know just the person who can help me…

BTW, I just love Jordis Unga’s version of Imagine. I’m listening to it and writing this and it seems that Mr. Migraine has left me… Ahhh… as usual, music heals.

2 comments:

Delia said...

I can help stretch you... and yes I Love the song!

Val's Thingamajig said...

Ode, pls... i don't need stretching... I do that painful stuff a lot at capoeira... I need someone to pull me...